人散庙门灯火尽,却寻残梦独多时

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Letting go.

I guess it is simultaneously too painful and a relief.

We will always remain great friends and best pals ehz? :)

BIG babu hugs.....

Jonny and I just had a long talk. We decided to let go for a bit. If circumstances are right, and we are living in the same city again, whether it be in Singapore, London, or elsewhere, we are certain that with our connection, we can very easily pick up where we left off.

Provided that each of us doesn't find the other too old and wrinkly by then. :p

Jonny and I have had a wonderful time together for the past 9 months or so, and it was definitely a great learning experience for me, as he is my first real boyfriend (as opposed to my last relationship, which we decided was kinda a boyfriendship during a post-mortem chat). Being with Jonny was everything I could have wanted and more ( abit cliche I know). He's romantic, he's fun and he manages to live with my idiosyncracies and pranks. We will always love each other, and remain as good and close friends. :)

The alternative, putting so much energy into hope and making the long distance relationship work, would probably not be satisfying or enough for either of us, and divert us from growing in other areas. Especially if hope is dim and unclear.

For a relationship to work (for me at least), I believe that there has to be physical contact, and lotsa things have to experienced together face to face: hugging and holding, agreeing and accompanying, arguing and sulking, fighting and making up.

Even little things like going to the supermarket together, or collecting photographs for each other, can be huge and memorable and treasured events.

I will definitely miss the time together with Jonny. It has been the happiest time of my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Listed on BlogShares