人散庙门灯火尽,却寻残梦独多时

Monday, October 22, 2007

Post London Musings

I sense that my recent trip to London will be my last for a long time. The next time I visit where I've regarded as my second home might well be in 2012, during which London hosts the Olympics, or later.

I had a good time in London.

I got to visit old haunts and do things I used to do. I had breakfast at the corridor linking the library and St Clements' Building. I picked up a copy of the WSJ outside the Student Services Centre. I had a coffee seated on the blue sofas at the IOE reception. I sipped at teas at Cafe Nero on Old Compton Street, while looking out for eye candy. I had a pint of cider at Molly Moggs. I gulped down Guinness at Kudos. I had dinner at Misato. I queued at the TKTS at Leicester Square. I nibbled at Ben's Cookies at Covent Garden.

I met up with friends I had made while in England – Jonny, Gege, Gefu, Jon, Alvin, Adrian, Rob, David, Manos, Barry, Gareth, Elaine ... It was lovely catching up, and would have great if I had more time to spend with them.

However, while in London, I felt that I no longer quite belong there. London felt immediately at hand and yet so far. So familiar and yet so distant. I felt that I could navigate London, but not quite as part of London, not quite as a London-er. Just a passer-by. Just another tourist.

Something else became quite apparent to me. My friends in London and in Singapore are moving on. They are getting partners, getting married. They are going places. They are doing well in their careers. They are developing their interests. They are getting gym bods. They have all started or are well into new chapters of their lives.

And so, I guess I must move on too.

Let's see.

I want to look older. I don't want to be ID-ed again for my age. GRR.

I want to consider getting more exercise.

I want to be more open to dating, and find someone to share my life with.

I want to set goals for the next 1, 5 and 10 years. Career goals, academic goals, relationship goals, travel goals, financial goals.

I'm already 25.

Let's hope I achieve something I'm proud of by 35.

:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Listed on BlogShares