人散庙门灯火尽,却寻残梦独多时

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

'Fundamentalism'; LiveAid; Sociology of Education

Is 'fundamentalist' an adjective we use to sideline others as extremist? Does 'fundamentalist' have a negative undertone that it ill deserves? What's exactly wrong with being fundamentalist?

LiveAid: I have decided. I support their aim, and from what I know about the organisation and its leaders, I can't say that I support their means. International aid is hardly a simple matter, and expecting lender nations to commit to debt relief might be a tad naive.


Got my provisional grade for the Sociology class. Will go in a while to pick up the essay and the comments. Whoopee! Is it a good time to celebrate? :p

Just read the comments. Here's a sample of three sentences from the two markers:

A1: "A deeper consideration of the merits of critical policy sociology and the damaging micro-processes associated with existing markets that these studies highlight would have given the essay a more sociological feel and might have led you to more equivocal conclusions."

B1: "Accurate, fluent, imaginative and well organised."

B2: "However, the essay would have been greatly strengthened by a fuller exploration of the sociological school choice literature and a discussion of the positioning of education as a market commodity."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aparrently, your markers must speak some variant of English I don't understand. I can understand the words as they stand individually, but I'm not getting any sense of what the sentences mean as a whole.

9:33 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Listed on BlogShares