人散庙门灯火尽,却寻残梦独多时

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Play

I typed out an entry for this blog two days ago, and it disappeared when IE malfunctioned, as it does. So, a tad smarter now, I am typing this entry on Word first.

As with that entry which has evaporated into the ether, I will comment on potential buys from www.play.com

First of all, Lee Ryan’s album. He’s from the disbanded Blue, and the only one with a good voice in that band. A milder version of M Carey, in that he does vocal gymnastics, but to a more manageable degree. It’s £8.99, quite a reasonable price but I guess it’s prolly cheaper in Singapore.

The other album, Nickel Creek’s This Side, is one that I have eyeing for ages. I first listened to their first album at Borders Charing Cross Road, and fell in love with their style immediately. Right mix of bluegrassey instruments and characterful voices. Gave Jonny a copy of their first album, and he loves them too. Will always remember Jonny and his sister dancing at Northey Island to the tunes of Nickel Creek. This Side is more expensive, at £10.99, but I’m not entirely sure whether I will be able to get it back in Singapore, given that it’s not exactly a very big band.

Looked at the Top 50, and can’t really find anything else I like.

Now, what else should I do on this Saturday evening?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Listed on BlogShares