人散庙门灯火尽,却寻残梦独多时

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Mon updates

It looks very likely that I would have to go for another haircut before re-enlisting. Just called up CMPB. The medical information has not yet been updated to the system, so I do not even have a proper PES grading yet. Once the grading is out, the amount of time would vary. If C or E, then the security clearance to become a clerk might take up to one and a half months. If B, then it should take two weeks.

So it looks like I will have time to re-write my thesis for potential submission to the London Review of Education (LRE). I think I will start that tomorrow, after reading through past articles in the LRE, and re-reading my own report.

Jonny might be coming over on Monday. And it’s brilliant that I would have time to accompany him if he does. See some sights, job searching. Job searching would be so much easier if we could go down to see the people involved. Just spending time with him would be really really good. What I’m really afraid of is the end of the trip. Another goodbye might just kill me. I’ll give Jonny a ring when morning hits Crawley, and have a chat with him about it. If he does come over, I think it’s gonna be Deepavali and Hari Raya. Two public holidays to experience. :p

I have done a little research on art courses in Singapore, at the Nanyang Academy and La Salle-SIA.

The zit on my nose is going down I think. At least it isn’t growing any more. It’s a scary red now though, coz of the clotted blood. I’ll be right back. Let me wash my face again, it feels sticky.

I wa thinking about stuff yesterday, and I think I'm getting a tad tired of sggarcon. The feel is so different from outintheuk, and harder to make friends somewhat, in terms of energy and effort. Or maybe it is Singapore, where everybody is so busy.

Ok. This afternoon, I’ll prolly go to Clementi Central to have something yummy for lunch again. If I’m feeling penurious, then it would be the bee hoon or the nasi lemak again lor. If I’m not, then… I don’t know what to eat also. Roti boy? Then need to get calling card to call Mr. Stockbridge oso. I hope that he is at home tonight, so that can call his home number.

Then the rest of the afternoon would be spent reading Hernando De Soto’s polemic on mysterious capital. Just browsing through actually. I suspect that close reading would irritate me grossly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Listed on BlogShares