人散庙门灯火尽,却寻残梦独多时

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Extra and Co.

Today, during lunch, my department was talking about extra-curricular / co-curricular activities, i.e. the kinda stuff we used to do after school while we were still school boys.

I guess I have done all sorts.

In primary school, I was a librarian and the track and field captain.

In secondary school, I was in Math. Club, the Philatelic Club, the House Committee, Track and Field, various science research programmes, etc. I was also a Peer Support Leader and a history subject rep. :p

In junior college, I was in the recreational badminton club, the science magazine board, the social services club and science research programme.

In uni, I was a learning assistant in schools for three years, and then in the local HIV charity for one.

Jack of all trades huh? Though never anything vaguely musical or uniformed.

Now, I'm a full time NSboy, and not doing anything else. I think the latter needs to, should and could be remedied.

Any suggestions?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes a period of relative inactivity (I know all about this) gives one a chance to 'centre' and re-assess one's situation and further direction. Overworking can often be viewed as perhaps avoiding certain issues. Off course it's also nice to be idle sometimes. But remember, this is your only life - not a dress rehearsal. Live it for yourself.

7:54 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Listed on BlogShares