人散庙门灯火尽,却寻残梦独多时

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Rambling rambling ...

The intention was to write something coherent. To write something with a theme. More specifically, the theme of 'beginnings'.

But I'm feeling a tad scatterbrained and unfocused today. And am thinking about all sorts of stuff. So this posting will be, well, in a 'anything goes' mode.

Am just telling tsp about my perhaps irrational dislike for mobile phones. I tolerate having to speak on them. I don't really like to accept them in my life. I don't really know why. I just hate picking up phones sometimes. And today, I'm going to indulge myself and shove my phone under a pillow. I suppose that part of the dislike stems from the presumption that some people seem to have of mobile phone users: that these users are accessible whenever and whereever. I like my space a lot, and an incessantly ringing phone is clearly invasive and erodes my sanity.

A common refrain on birthdays is 'Happy Birthday'. mmh. I very much prefer 'Good Birthday'. Happiness on birthdays may be a bit overrated. Or at least, I don't really expect to be happy on my birthday. Indeed, expecting and wanting to be happy on birthdays can be counterproductive and may lead to the opposite. I prefer 'good', because 'good' encompasses pretty much what I may value at different stages in my life. For now, 'good' is synonymous with 'meaningful', and a good birthday is one that is spent meaningfully. For a 'good' birthday, I don't really see the need for parties, or crave company (though an SMS / text from friends and family would be nice :)). Actually, hugs would be great, provided they are relaxed, casual and relatively wordless.

I'm tired, you see, and I need to recharge. Or maybe to do something else which is different and perhaps refreshing.

Maybe NS will do that trick. 4 monhs of doing nothing is enervating. Perhaps NS will somehow give me a better sense of purpose and direction.

:)

Send me hugs. :)

I need them.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

***** HUG *****

8:27 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Listed on BlogShares