人散庙门灯火尽,却寻残梦独多时

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Reflections

lyraine found an earlier blog of hers, and found this little entry, written on Sunday, March 23, 2003 at 05:33 p.m.

in other news, weijie is coming back from amsterdam tomorrow after having a very disappointing three day skint there.. however, he has found his orientation.. very good.. and sadly has not managed to see the flowers.. lucky bugger... jingliu on the other hand is still away gallivating in italy.. together with aylwin. (not together of course) idiot aylwin.. he who has note-napped my finance ten year series and will only return it to me after he has returned from italy..

I feel like reading my earlier journals as well, but they are locked up somewhere not in easy access.

I remember why I started though. My mum had just passed away, and I felt the need to chronicle everything I remember, because I know memory is not a very robust thing.

I remember scribbling for days during the funeral, feverishly down all the details I could remember: the last place we had lunch at, what she said when, etc. I remember rummaging through the cupboards looking for photographs. I remember flaring up when my relatives wanted to burn her clothes in the funeral ceremony.

Reflecting, I think my mum's passing is probably the most significant event of my life, in that it set off a chain of other events, which all in all have played major roles in shaping the person that I am today.

I think years from now, I will read this and reminisce.

1 Comments:

Blogger bubblene said...

*hug hugz*
Sometimes, it's better to let go of memories that are too painful. And yet sometimes, memories are also the ones that keep us smiling and going on when those who are close to our hearts are not with us physically...
bleah....

5:07 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Listed on BlogShares