人散庙门灯火尽,却寻残梦独多时

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Mummy

Mummy was with me this morning,
Really real.

I had done something grievously wrong
By accident,
And she was here to give me a long long hug.
And a possible resolution came to be in sight,
A blurry spot of light.
A Presidential pardon was required no less,
Utter madness.

Sudden deaths can really be devastating,
But also transformative.
There can still be positives,
Just difficult to see or make.
Though find them we must,
For the positives to come through.

What I really miss are the hugs,
The hugs that will come without question.
And the acceptance,
Also without question.
And the being there,
Again without question.

5th April 2001.
5th April 2006.
Soon to be 5 years
Of being alone in some ways.
Being alone but
Not necessarily lonely.

Friends have been lovely,
Both old and new.
A couple lost along the way,
Pain indeed,
But inevitable,
I guess.

Hugs from friends are lovely.
They help to sustain me.
But the special hug I sometimes crave
That would ground me to safety
Seems nowhere in sight.
And so, I must ground me myself.

Which I do
And I do quite well.
But still would be nice,
To know where to get
Those miracle hugs
That just make everything
Alright.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hugs are massively important in the human interaction. It's the closest you can get without sexual intercourse. But that's not really relevant, since it is a voluntary allowance of personal space invasion, involving touch and gestures of supplication, and represents a trust situation that gets better every time, and is of primarily importance in the rearing of young/inexperienced/ignorant et al. Did I tell you I love being hugged?

5:57 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Listed on BlogShares