人散庙门灯火尽,却寻残梦独多时

Friday, December 23, 2005

Dreamz and dream on.

I had a strange dream this morning.

I dreamt of waking up. And then the alarm clock rang. And of course I really woke up.

I had another dream a couple of nights ago.

I dreamt I went to London for something or other. A short trip it was. While in London, I met up with Jonny and his boy, and they were happily together. For which, I was happy. No surprise there, I love seeing couples together.

The surprise was this. Someone I was quite fond of, a friend really, flew into London a few days after me. Impromptu decision. Just because he missed me and was worried about me: what happens if and when I meet Jonny. Why surprised: I had no idea that he was even vaguely interested in me.

Of course, as dreams go, this will probably never happen.

I don't have the luck, the good fortune or karma.

Maybe I will sing at karaoke.

Yah, dream on. :p

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

'Dreams are like angels, they keep bad at bay. Love is the light scaring darkness away.' Holly Johnson and Frankie goes to Hollywood.

1:21 pm

 
Blogger tausarpiah said...

time to change the name of ur blog?

3:39 am

 
Blogger the third wei said...

change? why?

oh. i told you where it came from ah?

it's ok.

a friend who speaks thai told me the meaning of 'ba ba bo bo bar' in thai, and i quite like it. :)

10:01 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Thai friend here in lovely Bangkok told me that 'ba ba bo bo' means crazy! Speaks volumes I guess! Hehehe Crazy Wei? Hmm, not at all. Just a lost soul looking for leadership and direction.

2:17 pm

 
Blogger the third wei said...

reply to chelsea5manu0: there are debates over the true story and origin of christmas.

i've read accounts that christmas was originally a festival for a sun god in rome, and that christians then tried to hijack this festival for ideological and political reasons.

of course, just like the christian story, this account of paganism is not to be taken at face value.

a good book is: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0679740384/104-6781589-0870338?v=glance&n=283155 Nissenbaum's Pulitzer-nominated 'The Battle for Christmas'

10:51 am

 
Blogger akikonomu said...

Not quite the sun god originally.

More of Saturnalia, whose festival got hijacked by Sol Invictus around 150AD and then by the Christians later.

It's so obviously an invented tradition given that they didn't know when Christ was born. They merely chose the day of Saturnalia because the Romans were celebrating on the same day.

3:10 pm

 
Blogger the third wei said...

Jonny, you know what I meant! grrr. :p

I was referring to the future, not the past.

*hugz* :)

10:11 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Listed on BlogShares