人散庙门灯火尽,却寻残梦独多时

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Wanna watch movie?



For every person who has tried or will try to get me to watch Passion of Christ, Fahrenhait 9/11 or Narnia with them for their messages, I wanna jio one person to go watch this with me.

Yes, it is that 'gay cowboy movie'.

I'm assuming of course that Brokeback Mountain will pass the censors and will be shown in Singapore.

I'm also assuming that people who demand that I should be open-minded with regards to particular personal matters would also be open-minded enough to go watch this movie with me.

It's not just a movie with two guys as its leading actors. It's also a movie about love. And as a reviewer said, 'Love doesn't ask to happen. Love doesn't choose color, gender, appearances, etc. Love just happens.'

I've read the short story by Annie Proulx. I've never really liked her style of writing. But I still liked it, and especially this line: "If you can't fix it you've got to stand it.", because it is so true in so many aspects of our life. Of course, I would probably tend to be predisposed in liking Brokeback Mountain. I willingly admit this bias.

For the trailer and reviews, go to the movie website. For a brilliant commentary, please see the impressive Yawning Bread.

3 Comments:

Blogger christine said...

is that heath ledger.. ok that changes everything.. i hope there's kissing.. ooh.. even if it's with a guy.. still very hot.. hahah.

2:30 am

 
Blogger akikonomu said...

Oh well, IF it gets past our censors without much butchering, you can jio me.

1:17 pm

 
Blogger tausarpiah said...

oh yah ah ... forgot about the butchering ...

3:39 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Listed on BlogShares