人散庙门灯火尽,却寻残梦独多时

Sunday, January 21, 2007

25.

A few days ago, a friend gave me a few photographs taken in 2001/2002.

Taken at the LSE; taken at Hare & Tortoise.

I was wearing this obiang green windbreaker.

I was even more of a stickman; yes, I've put on some weight over the past few years.

I was this kid.

Maybe a bit older than other kids my age, but still a kid, nonetheless.

And definitely still a teenager.



18 ... Gosh, that seems so long ago...



I was a stickman.

I'm still scrawny.

I've discovered that I can wear sizes meant for ladies / kids.


I have less zits.

I care more about having zits now.

I've discovered Clean and Clear.


I hug and kiss more.

I laugh less.

I'm glad that my face still reflects how I feel; that it's not a mask.


I know more people.

I don't know many people much more.

I've learnt a little bit from each relationship I've gained and lost.


I lost someone dear then.

I've lost someone dear recently.

I'm alone but not lonely.


I was blue.

Now I'm more of a red person.

The horoscopes say that I should consider earth colours / green.


I used to wear Disney shirts. In primary colours.

Now I'm experimenting with collared shirts. In pastels.

Not long more & I'll no longer be wearing uniforms.


Then, I look a teen.

Now, some people think I'm still a teen.

Well, I guess I'll look too young when I eventually pass from this world.


I felt old then.

I am definitely older now.

Smarter, wiser. Hopefully.


In the past 7 years, I've done a few things I wouldn't, at 19, expect myself to do.

I have no idea where I'll be in 7 more years.

7, of famine or of plenty


25.

No longer a teenager; No more in early 20s.

Mid-20s uncle.


:p

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm sad. you know who i am. i have no more identity.

5:45 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, I didn't realise that the foto I gave u triggered so much thoughts about yourself!

yes, I'm 25 too. 1/4 of a century gone.

you've become more mature and experienced over the past yrs. but what do you mean by having switched from blue to red? u mean u've become more emotional?

6:07 pm

 
Blogger tausarpiah said...

"you know who i am. i have no more identity" ... that must count as one of the stranger oxymorons i've heard

11:40 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Listed on BlogShares